Monday, March 14, 2011

All aboard! TOOT TOOOOOOOT

Uh oh, who just cracked open Rails and created all the necessary files and folders to begin developing his very first Ruby on Rails project? Me! I did. (This guy)

So I know I said I was going to look into getting CGI scripts to run on my web space so I could throw Loudmouth up and let people check it out, but to be honest that sounded BORING. So I took a look at chapter 13 in Beginning Ruby (I'm almost done with this book, weird!) and it's about developing a basic Rails app.

I haven't done much with it yet. I really just read through the first few pages of the chapter, got the framework set up for the project itself and sat down to blog about it. I'll begin in earnest tomorrow evening, when I've got more time to sit down and dedicate myself.

Have I mentioned how I never thought I'd be even remotely interested in back end work? Funny how things change. I'm excited to begin working on this project. I want to understand how Ruby works on the web, how to integrate it with databases, how to collect, store and retrieve information, how to adapt to user input, EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment